web analytics

Korean love, dating, romance, vocabulary

Learn More Korean with Our Ebooks

Korean Love Terms Romanization

*Click picture for a closer view of the romanization*

I got this idea from a fan (didn’t want me to publicize their name but thanks!). This might be helpful especially for those of you who are really into the dramas here and are trying to pick up on new words. There are quite a few vocabulary words relating to this subject. The good thing about making these is it’s almost like studying as I can remember things better if I have a picture to go with them.

13 thoughts on “Love and Dating Korean Terms Infographic (With Romanization)

1. Ruiqi says:

I heard there’s also this thing called “something”? Don’t know how it’s written in Korean. It’s when you start to go out with someone but you’re not sure if you’re dating already… Like you have “something” going on with that person so he/she is called “something”. Err not sure if I got that right.
    Anyway, the graphic is pretty! Looks like those sweethearts candies πŸ™‚

• Dominic 'Dom' Dinkins says:

Yea someone else just told me the same thing. We might do a part 2 sometime later because there are still quite a few left that we didn’t cover. And those sweetheart candies were a bit of an inspiration πŸ˜‰

• dewaanifordrama says:

It’s called μΈλ„˜ for a guy and 썸여 for a girl. They are Konglish words and mean some-guy (남 short for λ‚¨μž meaning ‘man’) or some-girl (μ—¬ short for μ—¬μž meaning ‘woman’). Some of my Korean friends explained it’s for when there is a man and a woman who like each other, but nothing has really happened and they’re not in a relationship but there is “something” between them. Hence the “some” part of the phrase.

2. GRRRL TRAVELER says:

Nice, but it’ll be a while before I use these terms =( But love the shirt!… So glad you decided to sell your drawings !

• Dominic 'Dom' Dinkins says:

Thanks…and yea we are actually hoping to sell them and print them ourselves in the future, but it’s a good start πŸ™‚ Thanks for the share too as always!

3. Tara says:

κ³ λ§™μŠ΅λ‹ˆλ‹€ ! 재미 μžˆμ–΄μš” β™₯

4. Michael Hwang says:

애인 is another meaning of lover in Korean.

5. Scott Lavigne says:

I’m pretty sure μ§μ‚¬λž‘ is more like one sided love than a secret crush.

6. Crystal D says:

I heard this on a drama : 였 λΉ  μ•Ό oppaya ( not sure if that’s exactly the correct Hangul form) is that the same as oppa or is there a difference?

• Serena Kim says:

oppaya is the same as oppa. oppaya is just the way that people in busan say oppa.

Comments are closed.