If you text a lot with Korean friends or play online games in Korea, these should help you out. Very convenient and easy to use/remember. Korean internet slang is easy to remember and learn. Whether you’re chatting or texting, you can sound like a pro with these. You can easily convey character and personality with these.
We also did a post earlier about some other popular Korean slang here.
We might make another very extensive post on slang in the future with more pronunciations and other well known phrases and expressions.
Hope this helps! And for more materials to supplement your Korean vocab, check out our ebooks over at the Dom & Hyo Store.
Here is a list of all the vocabulary used in this graphic:
ㅂㅂ = Bye bye
ㅈㅈ = Good game
ㄱㄱ = Go go
ㅅㅅ = Nice play (when playing games online)
ㄴㄴ = No no
ㅇㅇ = Yes/응
ㅎㅎ = Haha
ㅋㅋ = Laughing (Same as lol and pronounced as keke)
ㅗㅗ = F*ck you
ㄷㄷ = Trembling (from 덜덜)
ㅊㅊ = Congrats (축하해요)
ㅠㅠ/ㅜㅜ = Crying
- All graphics from this site until early 2017
- Quick review Cheat/Study sheets on time vocabulary and animals
- Our Volume 1 ebook featuring example sentences for certain infographics
- Up to 50% discounts on all future ebooks we release (discount code sent to you in an email)
- Free updates if we add any content to an ebook you've already purchased