So as you may or may not know, I am an ESL teacher in Korea. I’ve been at it for almost 4 years now, so I have quite a bit of experience with things that go on in public schools and hagwons. This comic is the start of another branch of ideas I want to add to this site. I feel the need to make comics about not only Hyo and I, but things in my life and about living and teaching in Korea in general. It’s a bit of a release for me and I enjoy it.
This first episode talks about one of the biggest decisions one has to make regarding coming to teach in Korea for the first time. These are not all the differences, but 8 main ones I focused on. Other differences include difference in pay, and coteachers. There are pros and cons to both. Which one suits you/has suited you the best? I’ve been in both, and I prefer the public schools.
*Note…I know there are exceptions to everything. This was made based on the general consensus from those in the ESL community in Korea and my own experiences :p*
- All graphics from this site until early 2017
- Quick review Cheat/Study sheets on time vocabulary and animals
- Our Volume 1 ebook featuring example sentences for certain infographics
- Up to 50% discounts on all future ebooks we release (discount code sent to you in an email)
- Free updates if we add any content to an ebook you've already purchased