There are two common phrases that you will hear for “good job”. From my experience, the first one is more casual than the second and I hear it used towards younger people a lot.
The second one is what you can use towards coworkers and workers you may see at shops.
The first one literally means “You did well”:
Formal 잘 했습니다. (jal hae-sseum-ni-da)
Standard 잘 했어요. (jal hae-sseo-yo)
Casual 잘 했어. (jal hae-sseo)
For the second one, it’s more formal than the first, & you would use it towards someone who just finished doing some hard work:
Formal 수고하셨습니다. (su-go ha-shyeo-sseum-ni-da)
Standard 수고했어요. (su-go hae-sseo-yo)
Casual 수고했어. (su-go hae-sseo)
– “Thank you for your hard work”
– “Good work.”
– “Congrats on finishing your work.”
Learning Korean is Easy when You Have this Starter PackLearning the Korean language can seem like a big task at first, but the way you learn can make it a simple and fun experience.
Whether you want to understand basic words in K-pop or K-dramas, impress your Korean friends, or simply learn more about Korean culture, the Korean Language Starter Pack will help you quickly learn and remember the most commonly used Korean words and phrases today.
• Infographic Compilation – More than 160 Korean infographics that help you quickly learn common words and phrases.
• Review Flashcards – Easily learn and review 600 must-know Korean words with printable front and back flashcards.
• Cheat Sheets – 17 printable Korean word lists that ensure you always have access to the most commonly used Korean words.
• Weekly Vocabulary Guide – Kickstart your Korean vocabulary with 16 value-packed lessons that you can conveniently complete at your own pace.
*Bonus - Free updates for life!
Receive all future updates by e-mail when they are released, as well as a bonus printable poster from our store! Simply email us with your order number and the name of the poster you would like.
Immediately after purchase, a zip file will be available for instant download. Remember, this is a digital file that will conveniently be sent to you right away (not a physical book).