Blood Types in Korea Infographic

Blood Types in Korea

Asking for your blood type is one of the most common questions you will get in Korea. As I wrote in the infographic, most people do not take it seriously and just use it for fun or as an icebreaker when meeting someone. I actually didn’t know my blood type until I came to Korea which seemed to be common for the rest of my western friends as well. Does your blood type fit any of these descriptions?

Want more "How to Say" phrases in Korean? Check out our recommendations below:

Infographic: Periods of Time in Korean
Episode #70: Clothing Problems
  • jiwoo
    Jun 10,2016 at 6:55 pm

Hello! I’m passing Korean,
    Right, in Korea and Japan it’s said many times just for fun.
    I’m AB type and always becomes a fourth dimension girl 🙂 kkk

• Jim Duncan
    Mar 22,2015 at 5:25 pm

Dom, I am an A- blood type. Does the Korean blood type question differentiate between positive and negative blood types?

Mar 23,2015 at 6:22 am

No they don’t differentiate between negative and positive. It would make the descriptions a bit more interesting if they did though.

• jd
    Mar 22,2015 at 10:00 am

Heres a short guide:
    A) misunderstood genius, like Hitler
    B) dirty thieving Jew orbinferior oriental
    O) rebellious like the evil Taiwanese who wouldnt bow to the might of the Japanese Empire. Good breeding stock for Japanese men.

Thank you forbusing Nazi eugenic propaganda for matchmaking!

Mar 22,2015 at 10:08 am

Idgi

• Anon
        Apr 6,2015 at 6:54 am

Historically, the blood type personality garbage came from the Nazi Germany via the Japanese. It was brought to the colonial reaches of the Japanese Empire as a means to legitimise treating Koreans and Taiwanese as “lesser” humans. It was later revived and repackaged post-war in Japan as a form of horoscope, which then migrated to Korea a second time. Knowing the history of blood type personality matching means there’s a distinct element of tragedy involved any time you encounter it on the peninsula.

I love your infographic by the way, but that doesn’t stop me from hating the pseudoscience itself with a seething passion. 🙂