Learn the Basics of Korean Numbers with this Handy Infographic

Korean numbers, basics

Numbers in Korean

Korean numbers can seem very difficult at first, but once you get the basics of how they work, it’s pretty easy….although I still have trouble with the native Korean numbers. These are just the basics, but the Sino numbers do go past 1000 of course. Too many zeros to fit in the graphic though!

Check out or Dom & Hyo ebooks below. Our compilation features all of our graphics from 2014 until the present. Save time by getting all of them with one click. Also included are 3 ebooks to help you with your Korean studies.

Thrill Rides in Korea…
LINE Webtoon: Hiding
  • Patrick07
    Aug 1,2015 at 10:36 pm

good one, today i’ve an exam about numbers, prepositions and others basic korean knowledge, and i feel very thankful to your site and others one, beacuse thanks to all of you and your big effort it’s way easier to me learn new vocabulary and the basic about korean language.

Thanks so Much 😀

• faith
    Mar 18,2015 at 3:30 pm

For taekwondo we also use sino for the form
    yellow= eel
    high yellow= ee
    blue= sam
    and so on but when we count for class we use native. I never knew why, so thanks for this haha

• Patrick07
    Jan 6,2015 at 8:33 pm

wow … thanks so much, up till now i just new hana, dool, set, nw i kno till seo-reun

• 릴리
    Sep 19,2014 at 5:55 am

대애애애애박! this is so great!!! thank you for making it, definitely bookmarked^^ i love the sound of the one for animals (마리) …there are tooooo many counters. when i was learning the basics they really turned me off of the language but now i appreciate how precise they are… the phone numbers throw me off too because of the markers for area code and stuff. anyway this is amazing as always, i’m so glad i decided to visit the site tonight :3

Sep 19,2014 at 5:19 pm

Thanks again for the idea! This one was really fun to make and I might do a second part just on counters and/or phone numbers. There is a lot to cover just on numbers 🙂

• Sep 10,2014 at 10:04 pm

I blew my wife’s mind a while back because I told her that did she ever notice how with phone numbers zeros are the native version 공 but the other digits are said as the sino version.

Sep 11,2014 at 4:04 am

Haha nice. I always thought that was odd.

• Quinton Simmons
    Sep 10,2014 at 9:42 pm

Thanks for this. Just started learning about counters so this really helps.

Sep 11,2014 at 4:05 am

It’s really fun seeing just how many counters there are. I’m glad they don’t use all of them or it would get even more confusing.

• Sep 10,2014 at 9:21 pm

As always, love your graphics!

I was thinking about tilde ~ Could you create a funny cartoon about how Koreans use ~ ? As an American, I rarely saw ~ until I started conversing with Koreans, who use it all the time. It is sort of the Korean equivalent of a heart over the letter i. So cute~ Then the Koreans will use more than one of them to be really cute 안녕~~~ Then their English speaking friends pick up the ~ habit and start adding them to English words …

I am surrounded by tildes now, and I blame Korea!

Sep 11,2014 at 4:06 am

Thanks! That’s a very good idea. It’s something that people learning the language always ask about as they see it all the time with their Korean friends. I’ll add it to the list!

• Dia
    Sep 10,2014 at 3:08 pm

It’s very helpful. I really appreciate what you do. 😀

Sep 11,2014 at 4:06 am

Thanks Dia! Hope the Korean studying is going well 🙂

• guest
    Sep 10,2014 at 12:13 pm

송이 is not for months/years. Check that.

Sep 10,2014 at 1:28 pm

Thanks for catching that!

• Deanna Thompson
    Sep 10,2014 at 11:33 am

thanks for posting, this makes it soo much easier to understand. Now its time to practice!

Sep 10,2014 at 11:55 am