Episode #66: Korean Numbers

You may need some basic understanding of Korean to get this, but this is just a bad habit I picked up when I first started learning Korean. I hated learning numbers, so I just didn’t focus on them as much as I should have. So saying English numbers mixed in with Korean is what I came up with because I couldn’t recall the Korean numbers off the top of my head quickly. I’m much better at numbers now, but it still slips out quite frequently and Hyo is trying to eradicate the bad habit. I wonder how long it will take?

Check out or Dom & Hyo ebooks below. Our compilation features all of our graphics from 2014 until the present. Save time by getting all of them with one click. Also included are 3 ebooks to help you with your Korean studies.

You can also find more products at our store

Korean Food: 7 Things I Learned About Eating & Food in Korea
New Webtoon: Nuns in School
  • Kevin
    May 8,2014 at 2:31 pm

Hilarious! That is exactly how I do it, since I completely skipped the numbers lessons. What a silly thing to do….

• Sarah Bielec
    Apr 27,2014 at 2:51 am

OMG lol this is what we are liek in my korean class!!! seriously after the number 3 we have to stop and think and ugh number over 100 kill us ^0^ haha and weve been studying for almost two full semesters! I wish everything was just sino korean so much easier!!

• Korea Net
    Apr 11,2014 at 1:28 am

Try singing the numbers with a familiar tune. Or maybe ask Hyo to play 3, 6, 9 game or 구구단을 외자 (multiplication table game. 😉 Good luck! One tip 일, 이, 삼, 사, 오… (sino roots) is easier than 하나, 둘, 셋, 넷, 다섯…(purely Korean) when counting more than two digits. 😛

Apr 11,2014 at 1:50 pm

This is a great idea. Sino numbers are easier and I always say my age with them even though I’m not supposed to haha. I’ll ask her about the number game 🙂

• Apr 10,2014 at 7:43 pm

I don’t blame you! Especially since there are two sets of numbers and I still get confused about which I’m supposed to use when…

Apr 11,2014 at 1:50 pm

Yep it still gets confusing even after you’ve learned them!

• Patrick07
        Jul 30,2015 at 1:50 am

i mean honestly i still dont get why they have to have 2 kinds o number, or why Japan have tohave for kind of alphabets o whatever >( … lol 😛