What I Hate Most About Speaking Korean

What I hate about speaking Korean

I’ve gotten better with saying these letters as I study more, but they are still the most difficult and annoying to pronounce for me. Especially when coupled with other letters. Sometimes I say them too strongly or not strong enough which results in confused stares from my listeners.

Check out or Dom & Hyo ebooks below. Our compilation features all of our graphics from 2014 until the present. Save time by getting all of them with one click. Also included are 3 ebooks to help you with your Korean studies.

You can also find more products at our store

Vocabulary: Conjunctions in Korean
The Many Verbs for “Wear” in Korean Infographic
  • Michael Hwang
    Nov 29,2014 at 10:41 pm

What I hate most about speaking Korean is using polite words to an older people and adults. I’ve gotten better with practicing my Korean-language speaking skills as I practice more, but’s it’s perplexing for me. Sometimes I say the unpolite words with an aggressive tone to my friend who is older than me and her parents, too. Talking like that would make them angry.

• Sarah Bielec
    Apr 27,2014 at 2:57 am

lol aint that the truth!

• Doralis
    Mar 17,2014 at 5:20 pm

I can totally relate. My Korean teacher does random pronunciation drills of these letters and I get so frustrated. But the worst part is when she’ll start saying syllables and asks us one by one which letter is she saying. For example, “Am I saying ㅃ or ㅍ?” O__o

• Feb 25,2014 at 3:37 pm

I remember reading a yogurt container and my friends said it sounded like I was saying a sex position lol

• MichelleH
    Feb 25,2014 at 5:56 am

Yes! Thank you! My experience exactly. Oh, and add to that – the total paranoia I have about pronouncing a kid’s name which has the syllable 동 in it.

Feb 25,2014 at 10:10 am

haha that is definitely a syllable you don’t want to say too strongly 😉

• Phil
        Feb 27,2014 at 1:57 am

My brother-in-law has that syllable in his name 🙁
        It has been the source of many laughs 🙂

• Patrick07