web analytics

Should You Teach in Korea

Just having a little fun with this with a touch of seriousness. I remember thinking to myself should I come teach in Korea, and it’s a very time consuming process to get to a place where you say “Ok, I’m going to leave everything I know, and go live in a foreign country. Click on the picture for a closer look at the graphic.

Learning Korean is Easy when You Have this Starter Pack

Learning the Korean language can seem like a big task at first, but the way you learn can make it a simple and fun experience.

Whether you want to understand basic words in K-pop or K-dramas, impress your Korean friends, or simply learn more about Korean culture, the Korean Language Starter Pack will help you quickly learn and remember the most commonly used Korean words and phrases today.

What’s Inside?

• Infographic Compilation – More than 160 Korean infographics that help you quickly learn common words and phrases.

• Review Flashcards – Easily learn and review 600 must-know Korean words with printable front and back flashcards.

• Cheat Sheets – 17 printable Korean word lists that ensure you always have access to the most commonly used Korean words.

• Weekly Vocabulary Guide – Kickstart your Korean vocabulary with 16 value-packed lessons that you can conveniently complete at your own pace.

*Bonus - Free updates for life!

Receive all future updates by e-mail when they are released, as well as a bonus printable poster from our store! Simply email us with your order number and the name of the poster you would like.

Immediately after purchase, a zip file will be available for instant download. Remember, this is a digital file that will conveniently be sent to you right away (not a physical book).

Happy Learning!

15 thoughts on “Should You Teach in Korea?

1. Digitalsoju says:

Haha well made. Which software did you use to make this btw?

• Dominic 'Dom' Dinkins says:

Thanks! I use Adobe Illustrator for all of my comics and graphics.

• Digitalsoju says:

Seems like a flow chart in illustrator would be super time consuming. Looks very nice though ^^

2. Sydney says:

I am constantly surprised at the amount of people who would answer “NO” to the “Are You Interested in Teaching?” question and yet still come here… -___- 헐…

• Dominic 'Dom' Dinkins says:

It constantly baffles me as well >_<

3. Tuwana Vining says:

A person cannot dislike children and be a good teacher, regardless if it is to teach English or other subjects. I truly hope only positive people make the choice to teach in Korea and other countries. Thank you for posting this, it is very useful.

• Don Lykids says:

If people don’t teach children, do they still have to like children to be a good teacher?

4. Christopher Rucinski says:

The only issue I have is that I never really seen myself as a teacher before. I would like to teach, but I am just wondering if I can.

Any thoughts to help me?

• Dominic 'Dom' Dinkins says:

That’s ok in my book. If the interest is there, then I think it wouldn’t hurt coming over to try at a hagwon or public school. But it would help to go through a TEFL certification first. This will give you at least a glimpse into what it could be like teaching here (and I think public schools require it now)

• Christopher Rucinski says:

Cool, nice to get some other advice on it. If I wanted to teach as soon as possible. It sounds like openings are available for hire in the Fall and Spring. Correct me if I am wrong!

If I wanted to try to get into the Spring section, would I be able to get a TEFL cert. What about the other cert. that I hear a lot about – TESOL?

I never really seen myself as a teacher, but I think I could do it. Every other aspect of moving there is great, and I love it. However, a bigger goal of mine is to stay in Korea long enough so I can find a job within my career as a Software Engineer (or related job).

• Dominic 'Dom' Dinkins says:

For public schools, the main hiring times are Spring and late summer but there are some openings during the year if you look for them.

If you wanna go the public school route, then you had better get on it now because I think EPIK will be closing the application process down soon. I’m pretty sure you can apply, and as long as you tell them you are enrolled in a certification class, they will let you go through the process.

Like I said before, just make sure that you enjoy teaching somewhat so try to take a certification class that allows for some in class training. You could even volunteer in your city to see if it might fit you.

Comments are closed.