Episode #23: Practicing Korean

So we are both trying to practice our languages more now. Her with English and me with Korean. My Korean is much worse than her English so we try to practice a lot…and yes i hate using full sentences with her because she knows what i’m talking about already! haha. But it is good practice.

I also like to laugh and not use full sentences on purpose just to see the above reaction. Too cute haha. She also likes to mix Korean and English sometimes…like above it says “full sentence 해야지” where the last part is “should do” in Korean. This has rubbed off on me and I even did it back home when I talked to my mom and she was confused as ever.

My Korean would be much better if I used my free time better. I do have a lot of side projects I like to work on, but I have a lot of extra time at school, so there is really no excuse for not studying more. Getting better though. I’m finally about to have some basic conversations with my coworkers at school now. Let’s see where i am by the end of the year. I have a good teacher on my side :p

Episode #94: Chores
Episode #42: Who’s the Actor From Iron Man?
  • Patrick07
    Jul 28,2015 at 7:30 pm

hahah … I know that feeling dude, i think korean are way too repetitive with their sentences, i also sometimes say to my seonsengnim, that the sentece just doesnt made sense, because it repeat the same thing twice and maybe more.

• sweetdorka
    Oct 31,2013 at 8:38 am

Ha! My friend is like this all the time with me! I know when she is in “mean teacher mode” I shouldn’t play around…sometimes. 🙂

• Oct 3,2013 at 3:24 pm

OH! My Korean full sentences are horrible! I am currently taking Korean classes here in NYC to improve my sentence structure.

• 1fiftysix
    Apr 26,2013 at 12:11 pm

That’s what I’m doing as well. I mixed Korean and English (and sometimes Chinese) together when I communicate with my Korean friends. I think it is somewhat interesting and brought many laughters as well. 🙂

• Apr 26,2013 at 3:24 pm

Yeah I can totally relate (except for the Chinese haha). I think speaking the language is so important to get you comfortable with it. It always feels awkward at first, because you know that you’re not good, but it gets better with time.

• 1fiftysix
        Apr 29,2013 at 10:12 am

Totally agree! Making mistakes would probably be one of the best way to improve. Practice makes perfect!